Inspired by Sori Yanagi, "Butterfly Stool"
- Sori Yanagi named his stool after the gently curving silhouette of the wings of a butterfly. Yanagi is widely admired for successfully capturing the beauty of traditional Japanese art form and expressing it using the newly developed moulded plywood techniques developed by Charles and Ray Eames in the Butterfly Stool.
- The refined symmetry of the Butterfly Stool enhances the sculptural beauty of this piece.
- The stool was originally produced and distributed only in Japan but today it is an international classic that is exhibited at art museums worldwide.
- Dimensions: W420 x D310 x H380 x SH340 mm
- Material: American Walnut Plywood
While stock lasts.
||$100. Shipping Policy
||Between 3 to 7 working days
||Estimated 2 to 3 months
▼ 360° View
▼ More angles of the stool
▼ Simple, clear-defined lines from all angles
▼ The wings of the 'butterfly' stool, where it morphs into a seat/ legrest/ magazine table
▼ From the top, a clear view of how the 'wings' are connected
▼ And from the bottom, a single pole connects the two bent pieces.
▼ The Details - Quality hardware used to keep both pieces together, and the stool stable.